What are safe jewelry cleaning methods?
- If you are cleaning jewelry over a sink be sure to plug the drain as to not lose your jewelry
- It is best to have a jeweler clean jewelry as they will also inspect that all prongs, clasps, etc are in place
Avoid things such as toothpaste, vinegar, aluminum, etc as it is abrasive and can damage the jewelry especially if it is silver and not completely sterling silver.
- Use warm (not hot) soapy water and a new, baby-sized, soft-bristled toothbrush to clean small crevices
Infest in a jewelry cleaner to use at home
- Baking soda can be used to remove tarnish
- Always dry with a soft cloth then use a jewelers cloth if needed
- Finish off jewelry with a light polish and soft jewelers cloth